Green Tea is an affordable and convenient way to stay healthy and beautiful. More and more evidence-based benefits are being linked to green tea, ranging from skin care to anti-cancer. The health benefits from drinking green tea have been recognized in the Asian culture for centuries. Its growing list of therapeutic and aesthetic effects in the body has gained its popularity in the western countries in the past decade. For these reasons the population of green tea drinkers has been growing all over the world.
- Green tea extract reduces blood cholesterol. A review published in the 2011 Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that increased consumption of green tea or green tea extract led to significantly lower levels of the bad cholesterol and total cholesterol in 14 clinical trials involving 1,136 participants. Low cholesterol levels prevent heart diseases and disabilities in older people.
- Green tea is an effective treatment against acne. The Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) has been found to lessen sebum production, reduce inflammation, and prevent bacterial growth in the acne-prone areas of the skin. Green tea extract can be used by people who have oily skin and are prone to developing pimples.
- Green tea helps reduce your risk of Alzheimer’s disease. According to one study in the Journal of Biological Chemistry, the active ingredient in Green Tea called EGCG prevents amyloid-beta proteins from damaging the brain cells. These amyloid-beta proteins form plaques in the brain cells that largely contribute in the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Green tea maintains the skin’s youthful vitality and prevents the appearance of the visible signs of ageing. It is being used as an active ingredient in skin care products to nourish the skin and protect it from free radical damage. As an antioxidant, green tea extract helps retain moisture in the skin to prevent dryness and maintain the skin’s natural elasticity. Use of green tea for the skin helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Green tea supplements can help speed up the effects of healthy diet and exercise for weight loss. A study discovered that it has the ability to promote weight loss by reducing the absorption of fats and improving the utilisation of glucose in the body.
- Green tea possesses powerful cancer-fighting abilities. A statistical survey by the Shanghai Women’s Health Study revealed that women who doesn’t smoke and regularly drink tea have lower risks of developing certain cancers like that of the colon, throat, and stomach. This large-scale study was conducted to 70,000 middle aged and older women subjects.
- Green tea naturally fights the common flu. Scientists at the University of Shizuoka in Japan established the relationship with green tea and lower rates of acquiring flu and colds in high risk nursing home residents. During the study, the nursing home residents were made to gargle green tea three times a day. This finding support the claims that green tea has active components that boosts the immune system to fight disease-causing viruses like influenza.
For further information and to buy Green Tea supplements online: