If you love eating Indian curry dishes, you probably know about Turmeric. This ginger-like herb is the spice that gives Indian curry their yellowish colour and signature taste loved by foodies around the world. More than helping make one of our favourite dishes, the super spice Turmeric has more ways on making your life better.
Turmeric has been prized by India’s traditional Ayurvedic medicine for its preventive and healing properties. Many believe that Turmeric has the ability to cleanse the body, helping it get rid of harmful substances that make them ill. With numerous research focused on the benefits of turmeric, most of its traditional uses have recently been confirmed by scientific evidences. Here are more reasons on why you should eat more turmeric-rich Indian curry dishes or consider taking Turmeric supplements.
- Turmeric is rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants have been linked with youthful vitality and beautiful skin, that’s why some people refer to it as the new fountain of youth. Its antioxidant powers nourish almost every cell of the body, protecting it from the damaging free radicals we get from stress, environmental pollution, and unhealthy eating habits.
- Turmeric helps the body to naturally fight inflammation. It is rich in a potent anti-inflammatory substance called curcumin, which is considered safer compared to synthetic anti-inflammatory drugs. Use of Turmeric curcumin can help patients with arthritis, asthma, and inflammatory bowel diseases in regaining healthy inflammatory response for effective relief of symptoms.
- This spice supports your immune system. Your immune system is comprised of cells that defend the body against infectious microorganisms. When immune functions are compromised, the body becomes very prone to infections that can range from simple colds to pneumonia. By strengthening your immune defenses, your body becomes stronger against infections, especially during the winter days.
- The curcumin in Turmeric exhibit cardio-protective properties. In a study, curcumin was shown to reduce the risk of the bad cholesterol to undergo oxidation due to free radical damage. Oxidation of cholesterol in the bloodstream plays an important role in progression of hypertension and atherosclerosis. When left untreated, it leads to the development of cardiovascular diseases like Coronary Artery Disease, Heart attack, and stroke.
- Turmeric can help keep your brain cells healthy to prevent Alzheimer’s disease. The signature characteristic of Alzheimer’s disease is the development of Amyloid Plaques in the brain cells. According to experts, these plaques are either the cause of the disease or the result of it. Studies on Turmeric curcumin found that its antioxidant properties can help in eliminating these plaques before they even start to form or even in their later stage. Scientists also noted that there was a significant reduction of occurrences of Alzheimer’s in people who regularly eat large amounts of turmeric.
For further information and to buy Turmeric supplements online: